Our Mission and Philosophy
St. George's Independent School is an Episcopal school dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, preparing students for a life of learning and meaningful contribution in an inclusive learning community that nurtures outstanding academic achievement, relationships, leadership and character reinforced by Judeo-Christian values.
- St. George's is a community of learners who believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor. It is a place to find not only knowledge, but also the skills necessary for this lifetime of learning.
- St. George's believes in a holistic approach to education. Thus in preparing students for high academic challenges, it is a place where one also finds an emphasis on spiritual, physical, and social development. It is a place where mind, body, and spirit grow as one.
- St. George's highly esteems truth and honor. An honor code supports an environment where compassion, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, perseverance, work, and faith thrive.
- St. George's values the development of individual character. Thus, it is a place for exploration and learning about others and oneself.
- St. George's believes in fostering positive relationships between girls and boys, women and men. We value the coeducational nature of our school and provide ample opportunities for both male and female students, faculty, and administrators to excel.
- St. George's believes that students have multiple talents and abilities. It is a place where students' unique gifts are recognized and nurtured and doors are opened to diverse fields of expression, creativity, and appreciation through a curriculum of core subject areas and varied co-curricular programs.
- As a school founded in the Episcopal tradition, St. George's welcomes and respects all religious, racial, national, and ethnic backgrounds. It is a place that acknowledges the dignity of each child.
- St. George's believes in the mutual support of home, school, and community in the development of young women and men. St. George's endeavors to create and provide collaborative opportunities to enrich the educational development of its students and its own role as a part of the greater community. Likewise, civic service is a prominent element of our educational program.
- St. George's also believes it must take a leadership role in the conservation of environmental resources. As good stewards of these resources, St. George's will uphold the principles of sustainable design and continue its history of environmental education to promote these values within its student body.
- St. George's believes in preparing young women and men to seize their futures with confidence and passion as they go forward to make meaningful contributions to our community and the world.
or excuse those behaviors in others.